Saturday 1 February 2014

Chalk it up

Curiosity has got the better of me and I have succumbed to the chalk paint craze.

I've heard it mentioned in lots of blog posts, twitter discussions and on several episodes of the Great Interior Design Challenge on BBC2. I know that the Annie Sloan brand is the chalk paint of choice, so I took a trip to my nearest stockists and bought some paint and wax. I just had to see what the fuss is all about...

Lock, Stock and Sparrow is situated on the edge of Weston-super-Mare and it is well worth a visit. If I had a bottom-less bank account I would fill my home with their lovely stuff. They stock a mixture of restored, painted furniture and some pieces in their stripped-back, natural form. There are many quirky pieces, all solid and fantastic quality. Their sturdy selection of furniture makes flat pack stuff look a bit feeble...you know that each piece is an investment and will last for many years.

The guy we spoke to was very helpful, didn't rush us and showed us lots of pieces of furniture painted in a number of Annie Sloan shades, plus some Farrow & Ball colours.

I'm going to try the paint out tomorrow. My Gran has given me an antique wardrobe that has seen better days. Using chalk paint is supposed to be quite addictive once you start using it. I'm already eyeing up pieces of tired furniture that could do with a once-over...plus I'm looking at lots of furniture on ebay that I could give a paint-job to. I'm going to need a bigger house at this rate!

http://www.anniesloan.com

Lock, Stock and Sparrow

1 comment:

Josie said...

I've noticed the buzz around chalk paints too and am intrigued as to why they are so raved about. I will be following your experiences with interest, although not sure I need yet more paint purchases..... But you never know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails